Westford University College recognises that its activities may have effects on the environment and a policy has been developed and implemented to affirm our commitment to protect the environment and to demonstrate our intention to address those challenges through a continuous improvement on the practices to protect the environment.
Westford University College and its subsidiaries will ensure to comply with all local legislative regulations and try to exceed the governing requirements, wherever it is practical, by incorporating innovative and sustainable environmental practices into our academic and administrative operations.We are further committed in preparing our students to become ‘engaged environmental citizens’, on campus, in their own communities and adopt it as a life-long process.
This policy applies to all members of the Westford University College and its subsidiaries, including students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Promote a purchasing policy that will give preference, where practicable, to thoseproducts and services that cause least harm to the environment.
- Promote use of recycled products and recycle the used products wherever it is practical, by developing an efficient waste management processing system.
- Reduce the consumption of fossil fuels by reducing loads, by improving theenergy efficiency of lighting, power, heating, ventilation systems, and by theenvironmentally sensitive design of new premises.
- Avoid the unnecessary use of hazardous substances, includingprocesses and take allreasonable steps to prevent damage to the public or the environment where suchactivities are essential.
- Promote and conduct awareness sessions for the staff on environmental consequences and explore new initiatives which could help to improve our processes to be more sustainable and environment friendly.
- Collaborate with appropriate external organisations to improve our understandingof environmental problems and their solutions.
- Incorporate the environmental protection subjects to the existing courses to improve the awareness within our student community about the importance of environment protection.