Diploma in Supply Chain and Logistics Management
Awarded by Scottish Qualifications Authority
The Diploma in Supply Chain and Logistics Management is a three-month course, comprised of two modules. Both modules are necessary to achieve this qualification. In order to pass each unit, the learner should follow all the conditions for the learning outcome. Each module has 20 credits and students can earn grades ranging from Distinction, Merit, Pass and Fail according to the quality of the work evaluated for the respective modules. The objective of this course is to provide Supply Chain Professional / Logistician with the expertise and skills required to be an effective supply chain sector manager by offering in-depth insights through global supply chains and training them to build strategic and operational decisions and analytical resources to manage the supply chain and global logistics industry.
Diploma in Supply Chain and Logistics Management, SCQ4 Level 11 is assessed by the Scottish Qualifications Authority, Scotland’s national body for qualifications across the UK and internationally with varied organizations and educational institutes to develop and deliver their qualifications and assessments.
|Delivery Model||Course Duration||Course Certified By||Course level|
|Onsite /Online||12 Weeks||SQA||Level 11|
Module 1: Supply Chain and Logistics in a Global Context (SC & LGC)
This module is designed to introduce candidates to modern and fundamental, supply chain management and logistics strategies, theories, and models within various market sectors, while considering the dynamics of today’s global challenges and opportunities. Candidates will learn about the application of globally relevant strategies to address sourcing, negotiation, contracting, supplier relationship and international shipping issues and be able to apply them, both for operations and strategic decision making.
- Critically analyze cross functional drivers of supply chain in a globally competitive context.
- Critically analyze and review multi-model logistics systems, warehousing and inventory management in a global context.
- Demonstrate critical understanding of supply chain management system models and techniques.
- Analyze financial agreements within supply chain management systems.
Module 2: Strategic Supply Chain Management and Logistics
This module is designed to introduce candidates to modern and fundamental supply chain management and logistics strategies, theories and models within the context of supplier relationships and common operational challenges that supply chain management now face within a wide range of sectors.
- Critically analyze the relationship supply chain and logistics management, and its link to organizational business strategies.
- Critically review the use of information technology to optimize supplier relationships in an organization.
- Critically analyze the role of logistics and procurement, including buyer/ supplier relationship in Supply Chain industry.
- Critically review and discuss the basics of shipping operations, including the documentation involved.
Upon successful completion of your program, you are also eligible for attaining a certificate of ‘ Supply Chain Management Practitioner (SCMP). ’
It is a two months programs with UK’s oldest chartered management body that defines and conceptualizes, planning and controlling of the flow products, services, funds and information in an organization. It explains fundamental relationships among the activities that occur in the supply chain from Business-to-Business (B2B), Business-to-Consumer (B2C), Consumer-to-Consumer (C2C) and Consumer-to-Business (C2B). It is a program that covers the key practices for forecasting, planning, procurement, transportation, systems, cold storage, operations, warehousing and logistics.p>
Upon the successful completion of the program the participants will learn how to:
- Understand the key elements of Supply Chain Management & Logistics.
- Understand the key terminologies of Supply Chain Management & CIPS specific language.
- Learn strategies & techniques to master Supply Chain Management certifications.
- Able to recognize trends and practices in supply chain management.
- Be competent to design seamless supply chain for the industry.
- Build a culture of human collaboration before ERP and AI.
- Make ERP cost competitive and specific to the organization’s processes.
- Create a lean culture through the application of the Six Sigma principles.
- Be competent in practicing forecasting and inventory optimization techniques within the organization.
- Create new approaches for improved supply chain performance.
- Design international supply chain strategies for purposes of global operations.
- Align supply chain and operational processes with organizational strategy
- Redesign systems for greater sustainability and systemic openness.
- Apply the six steps six steps of ideal system design.