ACCA – Association Chartered Certified Accountants
All over the world, employers seek out ACCA members to lead their business to sustainable success. That’s because they know that ACCA members are strategic thinkers with high ethical integrity, strong financial know-how, and the right business acumen.
To become an ACCA member, you have an exciting journey ahead: The ACCA Qualification. Work out where you start your journey and take a look at our Start Your Journey chart in the related document at the bottom of this page.
This journey will take you through a combination of exams, ethics, and experience. Which means you’ll enter the workplace ready to make a difference in today’s fast-paced business world.
When you qualify, you…
- Become a member of the world’s most forward-thinking accountancy body – the ACCA letters after your name are globally recognized and show employers that you work to the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Open doors to opportunities all over the world – the ACCA Qualification is respected globally and will help you to open doors wherever your career path may take you. It also gives you the flexibility to branch out into new areas and develop new skills throughout your career.
- Make the world a better place – ethics are absolutely fundamental to your studies and the whole ACCA approach. Which means that when you go out into the world, you’ll be able to set and maintain the high standards of the organizations you work, with the need to move into the future.
- Get support throughout your journey – you get access to world-class resources, forums, insight, and advice while you’re studying and throughout your professional life.
- Develop your skills – you’ll have opportunities to learn new skills and gain many other qualifications along the way – including a BSc and an MSc.
- ACCA has more than 200,000 fully qualified members and 486,000 students worldwide. They’re among the world’s best-qualified and most highly sought-after accountants – and they work in every sector you can imagine.
Diploma in Accounting and Business
You gain a Diploma in Accounting and Business when you pass: the first three exams of the ACCA Qualification (F1, F2 and F3) the Foundations in Professionalism ethics module. Depending on when you take your ethics module, you could get this award in 6-12 months.
Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business
You gain the Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business when you pass: all the exams in the Fundamentals level (F1-F9) the Ethics and Professional Skills module. Depending on when you take your exams and ethics module, you could get this award in 12-18 months.
There are two levels of exams – Fundamentals and Professional.
This level has nine areas of study, divided into two modules. The Knowledge module gives you a broad introduction to financial and management accounting. The Skills module covers the main technical subjects you need to know.
- F1: Accountant in Business
- F2: Management Accounting
- F3: Financial Accounting
- F4: Corporate and Business Law
- F5: Performance Management
- F6: Taxation
- F7: Financial reporting
- F8: Audit and Assurance
- F9: Financial Management
If your starting point is having five secondary school qualifications, you’ll need to study and pass all nine of these exams.
What Enhanced Qualification Can You Get?
You can combine the ACCA Qualification with getting a degree: BSc (Hons) Degree in Applied Accounting. Get a degree at the same time as becoming a qualified accountant through our partnership with Oxford Brookes University. This is the perfect way to gain an extra qualification without doubling your workload.
You need to:
- Pass your ACCA Qualification exams
- Pass the Ethics and Professional Skills module
- Submit a research and analysis project.